Monday, May 31, 2010

I made it!

I'm here now! I flew from Cincinnati, to Dulles, to Johannesburg, and finally to Windhoek. Unfortunately, my luggage has not arrived yet....

We're starting orientation stuff tomorrow.

Also, the US soccer team was on my flight on their way to the world cup...
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5juRULaWfymyAEXjZPVfZF73O8ZlAD9G1VOM80
The article is correct that the flight was long, and that lots of scary-looking security people met the team at the gate. To be honest, for the entire flight I had no idea that the team was on the flight and the only reason I found out was that the pilot made an announcement right before we were about to get off in Johannesburg.

3 comments:

  1. ...and for the record, there were (at least) two other people who were on both my flight from Dulles to Johannesburg AND my flight from Johannesburg to Windhoek who also don't have their luggage yet (one of whom is in my group)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zack, glad you got there after the long trip. Hope your luggage finds you soon :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luggage arrived yesterday. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete